Recipe: Peppermint Christmas Cookies December 04 2016
Try this fun festive Christmas cookie recipe for your holiday Gathering!
One Purse Peppermint Christmas Cookies
Instead of hosting a cookie exchange or white elephant exchange this Christmas, host a One Purse Gathering (purse exchange) and ask your guests to donate a specific dollar amount $10, $25, $50, whatever you feel would fit your crowd.
- 1.5 sticks of butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp natural peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 candy canes, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine butter and sugar, egg, peppermint extract and mix.
- Add flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda and powders.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in with a mixing spoon and then chill in the freezer for 15 mins
- Take a scoop, approx. 2 Tablespoons and place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Push the center down, add more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 11 mins. Transfer to sheet pan, spread chopped candy cane on top of warm cookies.
To share a recipe that's perfect for a One Purse Gathering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your creation could be featured in an upcoming issue of the One Purse Heartbeat.